What are cookies and what are they used for?
The word ‘cookies’ is the English term used to describe small text files which are downloaded to the browser of the user’s device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) when navigating a website, application or platform.
Cookies provide a lot of benefits in terms of the provision of information society services, as they make browsing the internet faster and easier and also help to improve the quality of the services we provide for our users. Cookies, amongst other things, allow us to store and retrieve information about users’ browsing habits or device, which helps us to know which pages or utilities of a website, app or platform are most useful to them and which are not, with the aim of improving them; moreover, depending on the information they contain and the way in which the computer is used, they can also be used to recognize the user.
Types of cookies used on this website
Depending on the administrator
- Own cookies: These are cookies which we send to the user’s device from a domain or device managed by PREMIUMLAB from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies which are sent to the user’s device from a domain or device that is not managed by PREMIUMLAB but by a third party.
Depending on the amount of time they remain active
- Session cookies: These are temporary and remain in the browser of the user’s device until they leave the website, app or platform. These cookies allow faster and easier navigation.
- Persistent cookies: These are cookies in which the information is stored in the user’s device and can be accessed over a particular period of time established by the owner of the cookie, which could range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on their purpose
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the user to navigate through a website, app or platform.
- Customization cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with certain general predefined features such as language, browser type, access, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies that allow the number of users to be quantified and thus make measurements and statistical analyses of activity on websites, apps and platforms, or to draw up the navigation profiles of users with the aim of making improvements.
The cookies used by PREMIUMLAB on this website are technical and customization cookies, which, in turn, may become session and persistent cookies. In accordance with Section 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July 2002 on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, the abovementioned cookies belonging to PREMIUMLAB do not require users’ consent.
The third party cookies used on this website are as follows:
|Issuer||Purpose||Description of purpose||Links to more info on cookies|
|Generate an anonymous user ID which allows users’ activity to be analysed for statistical purposes||Google Analytics||http://www.google.com/intl/es/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
In addition, Google Analytics has developed a tool which users can install on their browser if they prefer not to be traced by cookies; you can access this tool here.
Options open to users of this website
Users have three options:
- To accept the installation of cookies by clicking on “OK” whenever a message appears in the upper part of the site concerning information about and acceptance of cookies. In this case, the user will not see this alert again except if we modify our cookies policy or after one year has passed since the previous acceptance, at which point the message will appear again the next time you navigate this website.
- Not to click on “OK” when the message concerning information about and acceptance of cookies appears, but continue browsing our website. In this case, it will be regarded that you have agreed to the installation of cookies but in contrast to the above option, every time you browse our website this message will continue to appear.
- To configure the browser on your computer to restrict, block or delete any cookies already installed or prevent them from being installed.
Whatever the case, the user may retract his/her acceptance of cookies by deleting them using the settings on his/her computer equipment.
Getting rid of cookies
Users can restrict, block or delete the cookies installed on their devices by configuring the browser options installed in their devices. If you do not wish to allow the installation of cookies in your browser you may be unable to access certain sections or utilities on our website, and you may even be unable to navigate it.
If you use Internet Explorer you can get further information on how to block or delete cookies at http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies.
If you use Firefox, you can get further information on how to block or delete cookies at https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we.
If you use Chrome, you can get more information on how to block or delete cookies at https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es.
If you use Opera, you can get more information on how to block or delete cookies at http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html.
If you use Safari, you can get more information on how to block or delete cookies at http://support.apple.com/kb/ph11913.
© 2014 PREMIUMLAB